Doctor Who TARDIS with windows
by countspatula, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is all Gossamer's & nopoe's work, I just cut out the windows so they can light up and provided a guide for the lighting.
The label JPGs are in the zip file.
** I would recommend printing my new TARDIS Deluxe Kit over this one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:124033 ***
- 5mm white or blue LED. I used blue which technically isn't right, but it looks cool!
- White LED of whatever size you choose.
- Resistor - we'll get to this later
- 9V battery lead
- diffusion gel (or wax paper, or probably even regular paper)
- 1 drinking straw of the clear, non-striped variety. Bendy or non-bendy. This is a shade for LED.
- 9V battery clip (got from Radio Shack)
- small switch (I used Radio Shack #275-0409)
- foil (if you want to get fancy and use it as a light reflector)
This generally prints pretty nicely, although I have had problems with the layers splitting at the corners. It probably needs more shells or fill, I was trying 5% fill and 1-2 shells. You may have to clean up the windows a little as well.
I put some foil panels in the roof to act as a reflector (this may not have been necessary). You can use a variety of things for the windows. I had professional lighting gel but thin paper or maybe even wax paper will work. There's not a lot of room inside the TARDIS so be pretty precise when cutting these (I thought it was bigger on the inisde).
Take a look at the LED picture, I basically used the top light to hold the window light in place. I filed the top light flat and put a straw over it to diffuse it and used a spot of super glue to hold everything in place. I plan on uploading a cap for it at some point. You can figure out the resistor for the LED's using this: http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz.
Used some Gorilla Glue to attach the 9V clip and switch.
If you have access to a PTouch printer that interfaces with a computer, use the provided JPGs to print the top on 1/4" tape and 1" tape for the door plaque.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Doctor Who TARDIS with windows by countspatula is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving countspatula a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure countspatula would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).