Loading

Printed End Stop v2

by exergy123, published

Printed End Stop v2 by exergy123 Dec 15, 2012

Description

The Printed End Stop v2 is un mechanical End Stop for your Reprap or personal robots. This design increases the replicability of a Reprap

The V2 improvement in: -less vitamins (number and type) -less printed parts -no springs -only 10 minutes and ready

More info: blog.reclone3d.com

Recent Comments

view all
The skp file for this looks like it was saved in meters instead of millimeters. The object is so gigantic it was hard to even tell it was grouped (?). To work on it I had to download the stl and then import it into Sketchup, then use cleanup.

I added a third hole in front of the two to use for mounting. Then opened one side of the hole to a slot to make mounting easy. Ended up opening all of the holes to slots to avoid deforming the plastic while a fixing the bolts.

Works like a charm - x, y, and z.
The skp file for this looks like it was saved in meters instead of millimeters. The object is so gigantic it was hard to even tell it was grouped (?). To work on it I had to download the stl and then import it into Sketchup, then use cleanup.

I added a third hole in front of the two to use for mounting. Then opened one side of the hole to a slot to make mounting easy. Ended up opening all of the holes to slots to avoid deforming the plastic while a fixing the bolts.

Works like a charm - x, y, and z.
 Thanks youI am looking forward to seeing your design

More from Electronics

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Instructions

BOM

-x3 M3x10mm -x2 M3 Nuts -x2 M3 Washers

1º Print 2º Assemble 3º Wiri up

More info: blog.reclone3d.com

The skp file for this looks like it was saved in meters instead of millimeters. The object is so gigantic it was hard to even tell it was grouped (?). To work on it I had to download the stl and then import it into Sketchup, then use cleanup.

I added a third hole in front of the two to use for mounting. Then opened one side of the hole to a slot to make mounting easy. Ended up opening all of the holes to slots to avoid deforming the plastic while a fixing the bolts.

Works like a charm - x, y, and z.
The skp file for this looks like it was saved in meters instead of millimeters. The object is so gigantic it was hard to even tell it was grouped (?). To work on it I had to download the stl and then import it into Sketchup, then use cleanup.

I added a third hole in front of the two to use for mounting. Then opened one side of the hole to a slot to make mounting easy. Ended up opening all of the holes to slots to avoid deforming the plastic while a fixing the bolts.

Works like a charm - x, y, and z.
My concern is that there is no flex to the endpoint of the stop.
Microswitches have some play in them after the switch point.
Since this switch is bolt to bolt, and presumably solidly mounted to the machine, then when the switch is activated, there will be hard mechanical resistance to any overshoot on the electronics/stepper motor motion.

I'll try to work up a design in Openscad to show what I mean.
But great idea, exactly what the Reprap project is built for.
 Thanks youI am looking forward to seeing your design
fantastic two things left to start using it- integred smooth rod mount, and some sort of Z axis hight adjustment
Man that's one of those things thats so simple no one thinks about... nice thinking, makes me want to replace my micro switchs! :D
Neat concept, we should be able to print the whole thing soon :)
 That's the idea
Top