Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Yet Another Gcode Viewer
by jonathanw, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
yagv - Yet Another Gcode Viewer
This is a fast 3D Gcode Viewer for Reprap-style 3D printers, in Python and OpenGL (via pyglet)
It was written since I could not find a visualizer that fitted my needs, i.e:
- Load large files painlessly
- Let me choose the layer to display
- Color segments according to function
- Show a full 3D view for better undertanding of the code.
Designed in Ubuntu Linux; Expected to work in any Linux, Windows or OS X
Full code at https://github.com/jonathanwin/yagv and attached
- By default, open data/hana_swimsuit_fv_solid_v1.gcode if no file specified
- Colors segments according to their type:
- flying the head to the next extrusion point
- retracting filament
- restoring filament
- Allows displaying layers independently to examine them.
- Automagically splits the gcode into layers.
- Automatic scaling to fit the window.
- Zoom and rotation (Panning planned).
- Panning for close inspection not yet supported.
- Retract/restore detected but invisible (0-length segments).
- Designed with Slic3r output in mind, may not support other slicing programs (suggestions/patches welcome).
- Some gcodes unsupported:
- G91: Set to Relative Positioning (used by some slicers)
- G20: Set Units to Inches (usage unknown)
- Arcs (G2 & G3 ?)
Supplied demo gcode is a slice of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5176 (loaded if called with no file)
Since I started this, hudbrog published his very nice GCode Analyzer/Visualizer; check it out: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:35248
Download and unzip the program.
Install python 2 and pyglet.
Make sure the yagv file is executable, run "./yagv [file.gcode]"
Alternatively, setup a symlink to the yagv executable in your PATH, or add the yagv folder to the PATH
Under Windows, you may need to run "python path\to\yagv file.gcode" instead (feedback welcome)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Yet Another Gcode Viewer by jonathanw is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jonathanw a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jonathanw would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).