Laser cut Acrylic Casing for Replicator 1
by CreativeTools, published
This casing is a variation of MakerBot's own acrylic casing for the Replicator 1 3D printer. The adaptation makes it easier to open and close the front lid as well as detach it entirely. Some 3D printed parts are used as handles and fastening of the panels and lid.
The use of this casing reduces 3D printing noise and provides a more stable and controllable temperature of the internal environment. Connection to a fan on the rear can be used to lead gases out of the 3D printer.
By Creative Tools
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Download the DXF files and laser cut them out of 3 mm acrylic
- Download the assembly of the STL files and 3D print them
- Use 16 mm long M3 (3 mm diameter) screws and nuts
- Assemble the casing according to the illustration image provided in this post
- Enjoy a temperature controlled environment for your 3D prints! :)
See more images at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/creative_tools/sets/72157632230917538/