Laser cut Acrylic Casing for Replicator 1
by CreativeTools, published
This casing is a variation of MakerBot's own acrylic casing for the Replicator 1 3D printer. The adaptation makes it easier to open and close the front lid as well as detach it entirely. Some 3D printed parts are used as handles and fastening of the panels and lid.
The use of this casing reduces 3D printing noise and provides a more stable and controllable temperature of the internal environment. Connection to a fan on the rear can be used to lead gases out of the 3D printer.
By Creative Tools
- Download the DXF files and laser cut them out of 3 mm acrylic
- Download the assembly of the STL files and 3D print them
- Use 16 mm long M3 (3 mm diameter) screws and nuts
- Assemble the casing according to the illustration image provided in this post
- Enjoy a temperature controlled environment for your 3D prints! :)
See more images at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/creative_tools/sets/72157632230917538/
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Laser cut Acrylic Casing for Replicator 1 by CreativeTools is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving CreativeTools a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure CreativeTools would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).