This Thing is currently under moderation: due to missing STLs
Files and images for this Thing are currently unavailable.
by hansj66, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The design files for this thing have been removed as a protest against Stratasys after their decision to file a patent infringement lawsuit against Microboards Technology. Their decision is extremely destructive and also underlines that the patent system is obsolete as it no longer serves any purpose for the betterment of society. Its main role is as a blunt weapon used by incumbents to hamper innovation. I see absolutely no reason to continue indirectly supporting Stratasys by providing free content to Thingiverse.
Valve for obstructing fluid flow without making contact with the fluid itself. This type of valve is typically used in bioprocessing, medical equipment and in the food industry.
This design uses a GS-D9025 micro servo that has been modified for full rotation and DC drive.
1) Print the 5 parts.
2) Attach the part "pv_a" to the servo.
3) Mount a M8 hex head bolt in part "pv_a" and attach the retainer ring ("pv_d") using acetone glue.
4) Mount a M8 hex nut inside "pv_c" and attach the retainer ring ("pv_e") with acetone glue.
5) Mount the servo+pv_a/d/c/e assembly in part "pv_b" (ps. it's a tight squeeze :)).
6) Fasten the servo to "pv_b" with screws.
7) (Optionally) attach limit switches. The design uses standard arcade-style switches.
Hook up the servo and switches to your microcontroller and driver circuitry of choice, Insert a tube between the "pointy bits" - and pinch away !
I have uploaded a video to YouTube that demonstrates the operation of the valve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUHaso6QWVU)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Pinch Valve by hansj66 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hansj66 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hansj66 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).