Prusa Light Bar
by Acarius10, published
For attaching to the top of your Prusa to light your print bed.
1)Print (I did two)
2)Calculate the size of resistor you need using the following formula
R = (V1 - V2) / I
V1 = supply voltage
V2 = LED voltage
I = LED current
(I used 6 LEDs, each at 30mA, therefore: 6 * 30 =180mA, so my value for I is 00.180)
My formula looked like:
(5-3.3)/00.180 = 9.4 A, so I used a 10 ohm Resistor
3)Solder together 6 LEDs into two groups of 3. Make sure they are equal distance apart for the holes. (I flipped the Light bar upside down and inserted the LEDs backwards, so as to hold them in place for soldering. I then soldered the leads together.)
4) solder the 2 Lightbars together using 2 strands of wire. Make sure that the Positive from one goes to the Positive of the other.
5)Solder 1 wire from a power supply to a 10 ohm resistor to the positive side of the Lightbars.
solder a ground wire to the negative side of the Lightbars.
6) Attach the Lightbars to the top of your Prusa using some zip-ties.
7)Make sure there are no short circuits, and plug the Lightbars into a power supply.
8) Turn on and enjoy a nicely lit Printer
**To Make changes to the OpenSCAD file you need the LED Module found here:
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Prusa Light Bar by Acarius10 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Acarius10 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Acarius10 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).