Stepper Motor Belt Tensioner
by Silverfire56, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Confirmed to fit on both X and Y axis of a Thing-O-Matic 3D printer.
HOLE HEIGHT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OF THE ANCESTORS OF THIS DESIGN.
- Lowered the thickness to not interfere with bolts on the X axis.
- Reduced side thickness to not interfere with X axis walls.
- M4 tensoner screw
Version 2- Cleaned the file up and added slightly more material to improve the strength of the part.
- Print out object at a high infill (i used 60%)
- Ensure hole sizes are correct, drilling any holes if required
- Check that a M4 Bolt fits correctly in the slot
- Tape the any surfaces in contact with motor sliding with kapton tape to reduce friction
- Once ensuring that the part does fit, drill a 4mm hole where the Tensoner bolt meets the wall
- Screw motor in, just tight enough that it still moves by hand
- Use the tensoner bolt to tension the belt. Remember that the tigher it the belt the the more the stepper motor needs to work.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Stepper Motor Belt Tensioner by Silverfire56 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Silverfire56 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Silverfire56 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).