6 Sided Die for Dual Extruders
by davemenc, published
Using the die that Shiera made, I extended it to print the die in one color and the pips in the other on a dual extruder machine.
You need two extruders and one model for each.
One model is just the die; that one will print alone. The other is the pips, floating in air. Don't try to print that by itself.
When combined, the printer should print one extruder for one model and one for the other.
You need a dual extruder machine such as the Replicator Dual.
Note: this is for ReplicatorG; your software make work differently.
This is cribbed from http://www.makerbot.com/support/replicatorg/documentation/dualstrusion/)
1) Download the two models (or use the scad file to generate new ones).
2) In ReplicatorG, go to Gcode and select "merge stl for dual extrusion"
3) There are 3 fields. Put D6Diepips15.stl in one field and D6Die15.stl in the other. In the third, type the resulting file you want. Like "dualdie.gcode".
4) Click merge and 2 windows pop up.
5) Set the settings in each window. Be sure to set "use default start and end" and "use print-o-matic" and turn OFF rafts.
6) Click "generate gcode" on both windows.
7) It will take a long time but the result will be in the filename you selected.
8) Print that file!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
6 Sided Die for Dual Extruders by davemenc is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure davemenc would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).