Music CD Stand - Last minute Xmas gift?
by flouSH, published
This is your last minute Xmas gift solution:
Print the box. Print the clef. While printing select your favorite music and burn them onto a CD (you licensed them correctly, right?).
Wrap everything up and you have a unique CD stand with custom music at hand ;)
Print the box, I recommend two outlines and slight filling. 0.2 mm is totally fine, as long as you don't have custom messages on the sides (read below).
- Print the clef. I also recommend two outlines and slight filling. 0.2mm worked fine for me.
Hint: Use two different colors for the clef and the box. Gives you a great contrast! I used Faberdashery Galaxy Blue and their white PLA.
- Assembly: Just take the clef and slide it into the cutouts of the box as seen in the photos. It's a nice fit. I've added some tolerance to make it an easy fit - so don't worry too much and just print as seen.
(If you're in search for an easy-to-use slicer, head over to http://software.ultimaker.com - Cura works great! Not only for the Ultimaker!)
I've attached the Autodesk Inventor files, if you want to modify the models. Personally I've added a custom message and logo embossed into the box.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Music CD Stand - Last minute Xmas gift? by flouSH is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure flouSH would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).