Parametric Round Edged Box
by davemenc, published
This box has mitered, rounded corners on the top and an interlocking lip between the bottom and the top. You can specify the size of the box, the wall thickness, how much of the box is bottom and top and the radius of the curve.
1) Take the scad file and set the parameters. They are
boxlen -- length of box
boxwidth -- the width, or you can let it generate that
totheight -- the total height, or you can let it generate that
toppart -- how much is the top
wallthickness -- 4mm seems to work; less might be a problem
cround -- radius of curve
2) Under "Example Calls" make sure the "boxbottom(..." call is not commented out but that "boxtop(..." is. Generate an STL file (F6 then export as stl under the "design" menu).
3) Now comment out boxbottom and do the same for boxtop.
4) Print those two stl files and you'll have your box.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Parametric Round Edged Box by davemenc is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure davemenc would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).