by christinachun, published
I loved seeing marble runs or any of those types of toys in store windows when I was a kid but I never owned one. I designed this (ongoing) set as a gift to my younger cousins this Christmas.
I'll be updating the files and adding as I go.
The new marbleRun-swirl works great and was a hit with my cousins! I just wish I could have printed more parts for them!
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
I've printed these on my Afinia H-Series 3d printer with these settings:
0.25mm Resolution Loose Fill Normal Setting 30 Degree support
*The mill might have to be printed at a better resolution to be smoother so it turns more freely unless you're okay with filing/sanding it a little to get it to turn smoothly.
I designed this to work within my printers capacity. I doubt it will fit to existing marble runs since I didn't use them as a guide.
Uses <b>14mm marbles</b>.
<b>List of parts so far:</b>
- <b>marbleRun-H</b> - Marble slide.
- <b>marbleRun-I</b> - Height extender with the top positive and bottom negative.
- <b>marbleRun-EndCatcher </b>- Catches the marbles at the end.
- <b>marbleHopper </b>- Makes it easy to load lots of marbles!
- <b>marbleRun-mill</b> - Marbles go through and the mill turns! Attach one of the connectors to the side of the slide, put the mill in and then attach the other connector.
- <b>marbleRun-flipper</b> -Marbles go through and the flipper turns!
- <b>marbleRun-2wayExtensions</b> - 1 each of the Negative & Positive. Use this to extend the height, add a large gap, or create a custom piece.
- <b>marbleRun-XLExtension</b> - Extra Large extension that is the same height as the marbleRun-Swirl!
- <b>marbleRun-2waySplit</b> - Splits the marbles in two directions.
- <b>marbleRun-Funnel</b> - Big funnel to have marbles hop into!
- <b>marbleRUn-Chute</b> - Can dispense marbles into the Funnel.
I will .zip all the files after I am finished finalizing the files.