by christinachun, published
I loved seeing marble runs or any of those types of toys in store windows when I was a kid but I never owned one. I designed this (ongoing) set as a gift to my younger cousins this Christmas.
I'll be updating the files and adding as I go.
The new marbleRun-swirl works great and was a hit with my cousins! I just wish I could have printed more parts for them!
I've printed these on my Afinia H-Series 3d printer with these settings:
30 Degree support
*The mill might have to be printed at a better resolution to be smoother so it turns more freely unless you're okay with filing/sanding it a little to get it to turn smoothly.
I designed this to work within my printers capacity. I doubt it will fit to existing marble runs since I didn't use them as a guide.
Uses 14mm marbles.
List of parts so far:
- marbleRun-H - Marble slide.
- marbleRun-I - Height extender with the top positive and bottom negative.
- marbleRun-EndCatcher - Catches the marbles at the end.
- marbleHopper - Makes it easy to load lots of marbles!
- marbleRun-mill - Marbles go through and the mill turns! Attach one of the connectors to the side of the slide, put the mill in and then attach the other connector.
- marbleRun-flipper -Marbles go through and the flipper turns!
- marbleRun-2wayExtensions - 1 each of the Negative & Positive. Use this to extend the height, add a large gap, or create a custom piece.
- marbleRun-XLExtension - Extra Large extension that is the same height as the marbleRun-Swirl!
- marbleRun-2waySplit - Splits the marbles in two directions.
- marbleRun-Funnel - Big funnel to have marbles hop into!
- marbleRUn-Chute - Can dispense marbles into the Funnel.
I will .zip all the files after I am finished finalizing the files.