Tinkey Struder for shorter shaft
by truehybridx, published
I bought a couple geared steppers from Trinity Labs which ended up being the shorter shafts.
Like a normal hacker I took a design I liked and worked it into fitting what I have on hand.
Sketchup did a surprising job with this :P
V1 has the same exact holes as the original Tinkey Struder just with a wider back to line up the shaft a bit better. (I hope, currently testing)
V2 has a longer base to fit mounts for greg extruders.
I really needed the V2 only but figured I'd release them both.
Print V1 or V2 depending on the mounting you need. (May slightly be off???)
Print the Idler from the original Tinkey Struder.
Use longer motor mounting bolts :(
***More info as I make progress
- It looks like making the dimensions for an exact fit was a mistake, filing down the original idler is probably required :(
- It might be neccessary to file or edit the body down by about half a millimeter, my shaft is long enough so I can adjust the hobbed gear some but i dont know if i trust it yet
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Tinkey Struder for shorter shaft by truehybridx is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving truehybridx a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure truehybridx would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).