Chuck Twists - 6 piece burr puzzles with a twist
by ThePuzzleGeek, published
This Thing takes Edward Nelson's 1897 six piece Chuck Puzzle and applies a rotational twist to each pair of pieces turning what is a fairly simple puzzle into a more complicated one.
Where all three pairs of Puzzle pieces are rotated through 5 degrees the result is Stewart Coffin's Grizzly Burr puzzle.
EIther download the OpenScad file, adjust the parameters to generate your own unique Chuck Twist puzzle. If you tweak the design it is possible to generate a puzzle that can neither be put together or taken apart so it is well worth rendering the assembled version to check the key piece is appropriately positioned/shaped You may need to play with tolerances a little current settings work for me when printing in PLA.
Alternatively download one of the pre-generated STL files (four puzzles in one thing!) :
- Chuck Twist 14-14-14, all 3 pairs rotated through 14 degrees
- Chuck Twist 14-10-6, 1st pair rotated by 14 degrees, 2nd by 10 and 3rd by 6
- Grizzly Burr, all three pairs rotated through 5 degrees
- Chuck Twist 0 - no rotations applied, the simple original puzzle.
The ChuckTwist assembled STL file is just to show the final pieces in assembled position it is not intended for printing....
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Chuck Twists - 6 piece burr puzzles with a twist by ThePuzzleGeek is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure ThePuzzleGeek would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).