Prusa Z motor downside mount
by RobPRINT, published
Place your Z motors downside in order to lower the center of the mass of your frame so that deflection of frame caused by rapid printer moves during print is decreased.
Also the wires can be managed more easily if the motors are on the downside :)
- Print the file two times.
- Print the Z axis joint. I printed this one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:32958
- Disassemble Z motors and rise the X axis. You can use 2 CD/DVD cases and place them vertically on the print bed to support the X axis
- Remove two perpendicular joints which connect on each side vertical 8mm smooth rod with the long horizontal M8 rod. Next you need to move this M8 rod through Y direction so that its axis is in one plane with 8mm smooth rod and as a matter of fact also with M8 lead screw for Z axis.
- Mount the parts.
- Lower your X axis and connect kardan joints. There may be some imperfections and axial run-outs of the lead screw. Try correcting the long M8 rod position