Ford Fusion (2013) purse hook
by UechiMike, published
I recently bought a new car for my wife. Unfortunately it didn't have a convenient place to hang or place her purse while driving. She asked for a hook which can attach under the headrest to hold her bag and this is what I came up with.
Rev 1 - Uses a pin to hold the halves together and to increase bonding while gluing with acetone.
Thanks to all of the cool OpenSCAD libraries I found here on Thingiverse. And please forgive the "reactive red" ABS - it was what was loaded into the printer when I decided to print. I plan on printing another one in black to match the interior a little better :D
2-part (for those without a large print bed like me)
1) Print - 2 shells 25% infill worked great for me in ABS.
2) Put a drop of acetone in a hole and Insert peg in one half - it should fit only one way - keyed
3) Put a drop of acetone in the other hold and on the faces where the parts joint.
4) Snap together and apply pressure until Acetone has done its job
5) remove headrest and install between the seat and the headrest
1) Print - 2 shells 25% infill should work - but untested since I don't have a large bed)
2) Remove headrest and install between the seat and the headrest
THis is been in use for a few days and is holding up great. It's been weight tested to hold the weight of a fully loaded purse which included an iPad2 in an Otterbox case as well. I printed another one in black to better match the cars interior.
If you don't have a printer and would like one please feel free to contact me via Thingiverse and we can work something out.