LED Ring Mount for Printrbot
by wersy, published
This mount can be fastened on one side of the Extruder.
If the current M4 screw is not long enough you have to replace it.
The upper hole for the M3 screw to clamp is diameter 2.6 mm. You can cut a tapped hole or screw the screw in directly. So you don't need a nut.
For printing the slot I added a support on the outside which must be cutted of afterwards.
The mount is destined for a 60 mm LED ring but you can also use a bigger one.
I added the stl-file: LED Mount for Printrbot_mod) because I noticed that the hole for the M4 screw, to fasten the mount to the extruder, was to small (3.6mm).
Now I modified it and made the hole 4.4mm. Sorry.
I added the file: "LED Ring Mount for Pb.FCStd".
This is created with FreeCAD, a free software which you can download here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-cad/files/
Now you can change the height (besides all the other dimensions) as you need. All you have to do is:
- Start FreeCAD
- On "Start a new project" take "Part Design"
- Open the file "LED Ring Mount for Pb.FCStd"
- Click the triangle next to "Pad"
- Double-click the sketch "profile" that appears.
- Double-click the vertical measurement and change it as you need.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
LED Ring Mount for Printrbot by wersy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure wersy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).