Case Lid Position Guide (Parametric)
by CodeCreations, published
This thing serves as a guide for placing a lid onto a flat surface in a specific position. It's rounded at the top so the user can roughly position the lid and it will slide into place. The corner angle, guide properties, and screw properties are all configurable. It's fully parametric, well commented, and very quick to print.
The STL and default values are suitable for holding a lid with 90-degree interior angles in place using #6 wood screws with 82-degree countersink angles.
I use this as part of my parametric printer enclosure, which is available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:39787
1) Edit the "User-defined values" values to meet your needs. Configure both the guide and screw properties if necessary.
2) Print an guide for each interior corner.
3) For perfect positioning, install with the lid in place if possible.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Case Lid Position Guide (Parametric) by CodeCreations is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving CodeCreations a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure CodeCreations would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).