LED Light for PrintrBot
by luckydad, published
Simple LED Holder to mount two 5mm LEDs to shine down on the print bed of a PrintrBot LC
After mounting a 40mm fan to my PrintrBot LC, it was hard to see the printed item. I created this simple LED Holder to mount two 5mm LEDs to shine down on the print bed.
(2) 5mm High-Brightness White LED (2-Pack), http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3060980
(1) Deans Micro Connector, http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/wsd1222.htm
(1) 220 ohm 1/4W Resistor, http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062340
(1) Power connector, i.e., Molex Power Cable (cut off the black connector), http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3780246
The LED Holder will fit snugly between the hex nuts on the PrintrBot LC and uses the existing #6-32 screws. Remove the two lower screws and washers, put the holder in the place of the washers and reinstall the two screws.
I used a Micro Deans connector as a disconnect at the print head.
The resistor value assumes connection to +12V and the specs of the RadioShack white LEDS (FW current: 25mA, FW supply: 3.3V). If you are using a different LED or power source, go here for a simple resistor calculator: http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz
I used a PC power connector to get the 12V to power the LEDs from one of the available connectors on the PC power supply.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
LED Light for PrintrBot by luckydad is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure luckydad would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).