RickMote Controller - Raspberry Pi Case - Chromecast TV Hijacking Tool
by bishopfox, published
The "RickMote Controller" by Bishop Fox
The "RickMote Controller" is a Raspberry Pi based hacking tool by AltF4 of Bishop Fox. With a single click of the face, it lets you wirelessly hijack nearby TVs by exploiting a flaw in Google Chromecast.
This entry is the custom case for the RickMote, encapsulating the Raspberry Pi, battery, and Adafruit PiTFT - 2.8" Touchscreen Display.
More Info on RickMote Controller:
- GitHub - Bishop Fox - rickmote
- Bishop Fox - Blog - The Rickmote Controller: Hacking One Chromecast at a Time - 16July2014
- YouTube - Rickmote Controller - Hijacking TVs via Google Chromecast - 15July2014
- YouTube - ToorCon 15 (2013) - Rickrolling your neighbors with Google Chromecast - 20Oct2013
- Wired Magazine - Rickroll Innocent Televisions With This Google Chromecast Hack - 16July2014
- The RickMote case for a Raspberry Pi prints in 2 core pieces (and 2 optional faceplates) that can easily snap together:
- Faceplate - BishopFox Logo (Optional)
- Faceplate - RickMote Controller - Logo (Optional)
- First, print all 4 pieces: top, bottom, and two faceplates (optional).
- Insert your Raspberry Pi into the Bottom piece. Raspberry Pis can be bought here:
- Step 3:
- Carefully attach the Top to the Bottom. Should firmly snap together.
Print Times – on a MakerBot Replicator 2
- Standard Quality – 1 hr 6 min
- Standard Quality – 1 hr 8 min
Faceplate - BishopFox Logo:
- Standard Quality – **0 hr 3 min*** (switch color around ~75%)
- Faceplate - RickMote Controller - Logo:
- Standard Quality – **0 hr 5 min*** (switch color around ~72% or 3 min mark)
Two color flap (different color faceplate logos)
- Done by printing face up, and pausing print once it starts printing the logo, to switch out filament for different color. Guide on doing this:
Hardware – Known to Work with the RickMote
Raspberry Pi – Model B
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
RickMote Controller - Raspberry Pi Case - Chromecast TV Hijacking Tool by bishopfox is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bishopfox a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bishopfox would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).