Mistakes Were Made!
by Kerry, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a quirky little guy designed for the Windup Walkers from the MakerBot store - http://store.makerbot.com/windup-walkers.html . Wind him up and watch him stumble around with his hair on fire, arms flailing, and imagine him yelling - "MISTAKES WERE MADE!".
He was a challenge to design ("Heaven help me Marge, I'm just not that smart"). Steps to construct:
1) Print all pieces. I used Natural on all of the parts except the hair. For the hair I used Orange. I printed everything at 10% fill, no shells, but feel free to adjust to your liking.
2) Insert WindupRoundBase onto your makerbot windup walker base. Note the alignment of the slot for the winder.
3) Attach WindupArm to WindupTop by pushing the Arm's round coupler onto the shaft of the Top. You may need to trim the coupler a bit to get it to open up enough to clamp around the shaft. I also trimmed the shaft down a bit with a razor to make sure that the arm moved easily on the shaft.
4) Glue the WindupTop onto the WindupRoundBase. The hands should be pointed upward and parallel to the winder. To attach them I just used pure Acetone on both parts. Test the arm flailing movement by winding up the base. The guide slots of the movement should alternately push up on the arms.
5) Glue the WindupHead onto the top of the WindupTop. His face should be parallel to the arms.
6) Glue the WindupHair onto the WindupHead.
Sorry for all of the gluing.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Mistakes Were Made! by Kerry is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Kerry a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Kerry would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).