Shoulder for Robot InMoov
by hairygael, published
Don't be scared or intimidated, I started this a few months ago and didn't even know what was Arduino or a servo motor!
Start with printing the hand like I did, and go on the rest if you feel.
Well it's been a long journey creating this shoulder, I have gone through quite many prints for to finally release it.
Blog with more info and instructions:
These videos aren't all actual, I have modified some parts in between:
Recent Commentsview all
Your best option is to download the files and have a local printer owner make the arm for you. The next cheapest option would be to build a printer and make it yourself.
Hello. I am from Chile and study Civil Electronic Engineering. I would like to buy an Arm, to be able to make it to work with Servo Motores. Since I can buy?, I wait could help me. Regards from Chile
Hello, Hairy, could you please e-mail me at my e-mail [email protected]
I need to talk to you? I have the robot made except for the arms and hands, working on them now.
Thank you Hairy. Ron.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Follow the step by step assembly instructions on InMoov.blogspot.com (writing on progress, be patient)
You will need to print parts of the torso for to complete the assembly. (not included here, see: Torso for Robot InMoov)
All parts are designed to fit on a 12x12cm print bed, just like the hand.
I have printed all parts in ABS.
With 0.5mm thickness for most parts.
Also most parts have an infill of 30%.
Except "PistonBaseV4", "PivwormV1", "PistonClaviV2" were printed at 0.4mm with a 100% infill.
"PivwormV1" and "ServoHolsterV2" are the only parts printed with support.
Remove prebuild support under "PistonBaseV4" after printing.
Most parts are the same for the left and right shoulder.
The parts named "leftXXXX" are for the left shoulder, easy to figure out...
Print one of each part.
Print two PivconnectorV1 per shoulder
You also need 2 Hitec HS-805BB servo.
A little bit of cables to extract the potentiometers of the servos.
Update 02/03/13 Modified "PivGearV2" to "PivGearV3" teeth are now a bit smaller, avoiding the risk of touching the innercasing. Also modified "PivWormV1" to "PivWormV2", I rounded up the entrance of the worm, for better printing finish. Thanks to Brian for the suggestions.
Update 07/07/14 Modified "PivGearV3" to "PivGearV4" teeth are now angled, and the cylinder has smooth external surface. There is openings to run cables within the gear.
You must be logged in to post a comment.