Loading

Wall plug (parametric)

by gnu, published

Wall plug (parametric) by gnu Jan 2, 2013

Description

Wall plug / screw anchor / dowel. Fastener for masonry walls. They come in many flavours, here is my favourite.

Recent Comments

view all

Awesome! Printable anchors! I think you should add some jagged edges to make them more like real anchors... I would but I use Rhino instead of openscad and it doesn't have parameterization capabilities that I know of.

A door had come off it's wall where the wood screws had torn out of the soft wood over time and left big holes they couldn't grip in to. I used your thingie to make the holes small again and now my door works again! Thanks!

Spontaniously i would disagree, but I welcome anyone to make a strength test, and report the findings. The lengthwise forces are in the screw, not in the plug. In the plug the forces are radial. To prove my guesstimation wrong, simply use rotate([90,0,0]) in openscad to print laying plugs. You won't be able to print as many at a time though (due to how FDM printing works).

More from Parts

view more

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Basicly just input diameter and length before you print. You might get better results if you print many and/or use cooling while printing.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

IVIUPPET on Mar 13, 2014 said:

Awesome! Printable anchors! I think you should add some jagged edges to make them more like real anchors... I would but I use Rhino instead of openscad and it doesn't have parameterization capabilities that I know of.

Bluebie on Jan 22, 2014 said:

A door had come off it's wall where the wood screws had torn out of the soft wood over time and left big holes they couldn't grip in to. I used your thingie to make the holes small again and now my door works again! Thanks!

MangoT21 on Jan 2, 2013 said:

Might gain some strength and durability if the whole bit is turned on it's side to print lengthways. (Due to how FDM printing works)

gnu on Feb 15, 2013 said:

Spontaniously i would disagree, but I welcome anyone to make a strength test, and report the findings. The lengthwise forces are in the screw, not in the plug. In the plug the forces are radial. To prove my guesstimation wrong, simply use rotate([90,0,0]) in openscad to print laying plugs. You won't be able to print as many at a time though (due to how FDM printing works).

fma on Jan 2, 2013 said:

What a nice idea! Did you make some strength tests?

Top