Enclosure for Mendel Prusa printer
by drcore, published
Preliminary design for a standrad Mendel Prusa printer. Design goals:
- Combine printer, PSU, RAMPS controller and LCD+keypad into on box.
- Allow printer to be easily put in and out of box (top bar can be unscrewed to allow printer to be taken out/in).
- High visibility on printing process (plexiglass windows surrounding machine).
- Easy access to print platform and end-stops (hinged flap on front, semi-attached flap on the back.
- As air tight as possible to keep toxic ABS fumes enclosed and stabilize temperature control.
- Don't use toxic air to cool PSU and controller.
- Integrate spindle holder on machine (with multi-extruder/spindles as option.
Design was done keeping in mind standard wood pieces and plexiglass. FreeCAD is used to make the design.
1x 50x50 multiplex baseplate
1x 100x100 plexiglass sheet
1x piano hinge (50 cm)
+/- 3M of 20x30 beam
+/- 6M of 10x35 wood
+/- 1M of 10x50 wood
50cm of 30x60 wood (handle bar)
+/- 100 short wood screws (15 mm)
+/- 20 long wood screws (40+ mm)
Epoxy glue for plexiglass on wood
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Enclosure for Mendel Prusa printer by drcore is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure drcore would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).