Enclosure for Mendel Prusa printer
by drcore, published
Preliminary design for a standrad Mendel Prusa printer. Design goals:
- Combine printer, PSU, RAMPS controller and LCD+keypad into on box.
- Allow printer to be easily put in and out of box (top bar can be unscrewed to allow printer to be taken out/in).
- High visibility on printing process (plexiglass windows surrounding machine).
- Easy access to print platform and end-stops (hinged flap on front, semi-attached flap on the back.
- As air tight as possible to keep toxic ABS fumes enclosed and stabilize temperature control.
- Don't use toxic air to cool PSU and controller.
- Integrate spindle holder on machine (with multi-extruder/spindles as option.
Design was done keeping in mind standard wood pieces and plexiglass. FreeCAD is used to make the design.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Shopping list: 1x 50x50 multiplex baseplate 1x 100x100 plexiglass sheet 1x piano hinge (50 cm) +/- 3M of 20x30 beam +/- 6M of 10x35 wood +/- 1M of 10x50 wood 50cm of 30x60 wood (handle bar) +/- 100 short wood screws (15 mm) +/- 20 long wood screws (40+ mm) Epoxy glue for plexiglass on wood