Enclosure for Mendel Prusa printer
by drcore, published
Preliminary design for a standrad Mendel Prusa printer. Design goals:
- Combine printer, PSU, RAMPS controller and LCD+keypad into on box.
- Allow printer to be easily put in and out of box (top bar can be unscrewed to allow printer to be taken out/in).
- High visibility on printing process (plexiglass windows surrounding machine).
- Easy access to print platform and end-stops (hinged flap on front, semi-attached flap on the back.
- As air tight as possible to keep toxic ABS fumes enclosed and stabilize temperature control.
- Don't use toxic air to cool PSU and controller.
- Integrate spindle holder on machine (with multi-extruder/spindles as option.
Design was done keeping in mind standard wood pieces and plexiglass. FreeCAD is used to make the design.
1x 50x50 multiplex baseplate
1x 100x100 plexiglass sheet
1x piano hinge (50 cm)
+/- 3M of 20x30 beam
+/- 6M of 10x35 wood
+/- 1M of 10x50 wood
50cm of 30x60 wood (handle bar)
+/- 100 short wood screws (15 mm)
+/- 20 long wood screws (40+ mm)
Epoxy glue for plexiglass on wood