Another Koch Snowflake Vase
by amitnehra, published
Recent Commentsview all
My wife loved the design, so I had a go with my newly upgraded Mendelmax 1.5. I set layer height to .2, used 4 solids for the base using Slic3er 0.9.10b. There was an error indicating a hole or 3, but I went ahead anyhow as I have zero knowledge of code etc.It took 7 hrs 44mins. There was a hole tucked away in one of the folds, but is not readily noticeable. It's 141.05 tall which was a worry as my absolute max is 150.I had to quickly unclip the hotend cable loom as it would have hung up on the mendelmax diagonal plastic support. I used the "rebuilt" stl. We are very happy with the outcome. The walls are very, very thin, but my machine coupled with your great design have created a most attractive piece of 3d printing. Thank you very much.
Loaded the original (non-solid) via import into blender. Scaled it down to fit my little mendels build area and sliced with Cura. Printed fine from Cura. Might have printed with pronterface, but it seemed to be choking on so much data.
Was printed at .3 mm layers, Going to run it at .1mm tomorrow, will probably take most of the day, even scaled down to 8.5cm tall... But it sure is pretty.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
EDIT: I have uploaded solid versions which might make slicing easier for some of you. Give it a shot if you were having trouble before and let me know if there are any other formats you would find useful.
You must be logged in to post a comment.