Pocket Oscilloscope Desk Stand
by Pentatonic, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Instead of having your handy dandy pocket-sized oscilloscope sitting in hazardous sites of your work area, while it's not in use, perch it up on its own stand and benefit from the advantage of having it at the ready when you need it, where you need it. The housing has a hole through the middle of it, for the probe (now you'll never have to disconnect it from the oscilloscope so as to find it only when you decide to give up on using it altogether) to sit comfortably in and a small pocket at the back for placing the tiny accessories that come with the oscilloscope. The cutaway allows for access to the On/Off switch, the charging jack, and the probe jack.
The design is fully parametric so you can customize it to your delight, but beware: the code is neither tidy nor pretty and I will not be held liable for the damage it may cause to potential victims; that is to say I'm not 'fluent' in OpenSCAD just yet so do expect misdoings here and there in terms of the stand's 'parametricness'.
The provided STL works for the Velleman HPS140/HPS140i Oscilloscope. Yes, it has been tested successfully.
1) Print it out (Thing-o-matic/Cupcake users, tough luck). I printed it out with 10% infill, 2 perimeters, 2 shells, 0.3mm layer height. If you're using ABS to print, like I did, use a heated glass/alu bed at 130+ ÂºC, brushed with acetone/ABS slurry on top of freshly applied Kapton tape. It might crack midprint - don't panic, just finish the print and apply superglue in the crack(s). If you're using PLA, just print like you usually do I'm guessing (never used PLA in my printer).
2) Stick your pocket oscilloscope on it along with all required accessories, in the pocket, and the probe in the designated hole.
3) Enjoy the new level of PRObing.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Pocket Oscilloscope Desk Stand by Pentatonic is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Pentatonic a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Pentatonic would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).