Ultimaker Opto Endstop Upgrade
by jalr, published
for use with a 13x11x6 mm forked light barrier
- print it
- print Ultimaker Z-axis end-switch fine-adjuster ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11033 )
- press two nuts in the notches
- attach a forked light barrier (i found one in an old desk scanner)
- add a resistor for the IR LED
- attach a three-wire ribbon cable (ground to LED K and photo transistor E)
- modify the end switch for z endstop (cut the middle wire and solder to the other pin)
- solder to the electronics (LED A to +5V, LED K and photo transistor E to GND, and photo transistor C to input)
- modify firmware (change Z_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING to false)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Ultimaker Opto Endstop Upgrade by jalr is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jalr a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jalr would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).