by DefProc, published
A parametric hob, stove, oven, grill, range, volume, potentiometer or rotary encoder knob to fit any rotary actuator with D shape shafts.
Size, inside clearance, plunge depth, shaft diameter and most importantly pointer offset angle can all be adjusted to give you perfect satisfaction.
Apparently cooker knobs are the "killer app" of 3D printing (acording to wizard23): and as I needed a couple of different sized knobs for missing pieces in rental accomodation, fully parametric was the only way to go!
Measure your intallation point. You need to know:
- the required height of the knob from the surface,
- the outer diameter of the knob,
- the inner clearance diameters of any seals that it needs to clear up and over,
- the diameter and cross-D distance of the shaft (printing clearance is added),
- the visible height of the shaft,
- any plunge depth in the centre where the knob center should drop below the facia.
You should also choose:
- the number of sides to the knob — I've gone for a low-poly style 9-sided design, but 250 sided will give you a very circular knob,
- the wall thickness of the knob — 3mm is quite sturdy for a 36mm knob. ,
- the size of any chamfer on the top.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Hob Knob by DefProc is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving DefProc a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure DefProc would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).