CoolWave iPad Stand 2
by sphynx, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A stand for your iPad. Works in portrait and landscape modes and with Smart Cover on or off.
I printed this with 0.8mm walls and 20% infill.
This is the second iteration of my Cool Wave iPad Stand. I took the first iteration down because I had trouble slicing it in Cura. This iteration is greatly improved:
1) Uses less plastic.
2) Slices nicely. Has no non-manifold geometry - at least none that I can find.
3) Is designed to be flexible, so if the print warps (and a print this size probably will), it will bend back into shape when the iPad is placed on it.
Warping was a big problem with version 1 - it had a solid base, and on my Ultimaker in PLA, with an unheated platform, it warped very slightly, but just enough to make it unstable.
The "cool wave" in question is:
(Cos[x ] + 1)/(x^2/60 + 1) for x, -7/Pi, 7 /Pi
I plotted this in curve in Mathematica and exported it to DXF. The rest of the work was done in Bonzai3D.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
CoolWave iPad Stand 2 by sphynx is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sphynx a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sphynx would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).