CoolWave iPad Stand 2
by sphynx, published
A stand for your iPad. Works in portrait and landscape modes and with Smart Cover on or off.
I printed this with 0.8mm walls and 20% infill.
This is the second iteration of my Cool Wave iPad Stand. I took the first iteration down because I had trouble slicing it in Cura. This iteration is greatly improved:
1) Uses less plastic.
2) Slices nicely. Has no non-manifold geometry - at least none that I can find.
3) Is designed to be flexible, so if the print warps (and a print this size probably will), it will bend back into shape when the iPad is placed on it.
Warping was a big problem with version 1 - it had a solid base, and on my Ultimaker in PLA, with an unheated platform, it warped very slightly, but just enough to make it unstable.
The "cool wave" in question is:
(Cos[x ] + 1)/(x^2/60 + 1) for x, -7/Pi, 7 /Pi
I plotted this in curve in Mathematica and exported it to DXF. The rest of the work was done in Bonzai3D.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
CoolWave iPad Stand 2 by sphynx is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure sphynx would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).