Brewing Blow-Off-Tube Caddy
by ComradeQuiche, published
A simple and sturdy caddy to hold your blow-off-tube assembly to the side of your fermenter so it is easy to move, and cannot be knocked over by people or pets. Plus the sanitizer vessel now has a more secure top.
If you have ever brewed beer before you may have needed a blow-off-tube to stick into the top of your fermenter. This tube, and chamber acts like an over sized airlock that will (Hopefully) catch any excess foam and liquid that may have sprayed out due to vigorous fermentation.
Why print this part? Well if you have used a blow off tube, then you have probably taped a length of tube into an open vessel full of sanitizing solution, hoping the whole thing doesn't fall over and spill everywhere. It is also a pain if you ever have to move the fermenter since its has a length of tube precariously stuck into the top of an open vessel like a cup or bowl.
The main reason I made this caddy is because I have a cat, a very curious one! I sure don't want to leave an open container of sanitizer out, and even if its somewhat sealed, he could knock it over. But not any more! Print these two parts, buy a few rubber bands and a ball jar, and keep your fermenter setup nice and organized.
Fits a 5 gallon as well! (Thanks Adam and Clara)
-Download .zip file.
-Unzip, and open, all files and reference images are included.
-Print both parts included (Caddy, and Jar Cap)
Things to buy:
-X2 Giant rubber bands (8" long. Mine are replacement rubber bands for a clipboard found at an art store)
-X3 Regular every day rubber bands
-Ball Jelly Jar 12oz (Mine is quilted, found it at "Fish's Eddy")
Things you should have already if you have brewed beer previously:
-Carboy (1 gallon works well with this setup, also fits a 5 gallon)
-Length of plastic tube (Usually 7/16" diameter)
-Rubber stopper for top of Carboy (Depends on your Carboy size)
Once you have it all in front of you do the following:
- Pull the large rubber bands through the printed caddy.
- Stretch the large rubber bands and caddy over the glass fermenting jug.
- Screw the printed cap onto the top of your ball jar, then insert the plastic tube into the top, making sure the tube is about an inch from the bottom of the inside of the ball jar.
- Stick the other end of your tube into the top of the rubber stopper, then into the fermenter.
- Attach the ball jar to the caddy using 3 normal rubber bands to secure it.
- You are done! Now no pets should be able to knock your setup over, or spill it, and you can easily move it!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Brewing Blow-Off-Tube Caddy by ComradeQuiche is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ComradeQuiche a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ComradeQuiche would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).