Ordbot Universal Extruder Carriage
by bennettmarks439, published
This extruder carriage has been built for the qu-bd single and dual extruder, but can be used to hold any extruder.
After making this part:
- Add delrin wheels. Top wheel holes are for eccentric spacers, bottom holes are for 5mm screws. They are sized for Makerslide.
- Add limit switch ( two small vertical holes)
- Add belt vise (4 holes in a rectangular pattern) and capture belt.
You will need to change the cutout and drill holes to fit your extruder profile if it is not the qu-bd.
To guarantee that you don't melt the carriage use a piece of 1/8" plywood at the base of the extruder as an insulator from transmitted heat.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Ordbot Universal Extruder Carriage by bennettmarks439 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bennettmarks439 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bennettmarks439 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).