by FMMT666, published
Printable magnifying or reading glasses.
This is a replacement for the quite expensive Edsyn MA10 magnifier headset.
While the lenses cost about ~15 Euro, the headset itself, consisting only
of a few grams of plastic, is 50..60 Euro!
The lenses are available with different magnifications:
- 2.5, good for reading
- 7.0, perfect for soldering 0.5mm pitch ;-)
Buy, print and save...
- Print all parts.
- Use the two 16mm screws and two locking(!) nuts to fix the earpieces
to the front part. Screws go in from the top.
- Use the 10mm screw and a standard nut to fix the lens holder.
Screw goes in from head to lens.
- Fix the lens with a rubber band.
The lens, especially the 7x variant, is quite heavy, hence the glasses
will tilt down.
To overcome that, choose from one of these options:
- Attach two zip ties, as shown in the image and use them as
- Attach a large rubber band between the end of the earpieces.
- Use a piece of 3mm, weak PLA filament and push it through the hole
of the "earpiece cubes".
These can be used as an ear clamp too. If everything fits well,
weld them to the cube with a soldering iron.
- Use glue.
For those who don't need a special fixture for the earpieces,
two standard "cubeless" versions are available ("...SIMPLE").
I recommended to glue some cotton or any other soft material
to the inner edge of the "nose holder" (at least until I found a better
- 1 x Edsyn MA10 lens
- printed parts
- 1 x front
- 1 x left (use "SIMPLE" as alternative)
- 1 x right (use "SIMPLE" as alternative)
- 1 x holder
- 2 x M3 locking nut
- 1 x M3 nut
- 2 x M3 x 16mm screw
- 1 x M3 x 8mm screw
- 1 x small rubber band (lens fixture)
- 2 x zip tie (ear clip)
- 1 x large rubber band (as band for the neck)
- a bit of cotton
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Magnifying Glasses by FMMT666 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving FMMT666 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure FMMT666 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).