by FMMT666, published
Printable magnifying or reading glasses.
This is a replacement for the quite expensive Edsyn MA10 magnifier headset.
While the lenses cost about ~15 Euro, the headset itself, consisting only of a few grams of plastic, is 50..60 Euro!
The lenses are available with different magnifications:
- 2.5, good for reading
- 7.0, perfect for soldering 0.5mm pitch ;-)
Buy, print and save...
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Print all parts.
- Use the two 16mm screws and two locking(!) nuts to fix the earpieces to the front part. Screws go in from the top.
- Use the 10mm screw and a standard nut to fix the lens holder. Screw goes in from head to lens.
- Fix the lens with a rubber band.
The lens, especially the 7x variant, is quite heavy, hence the glasses will tilt down. To overcome that, choose from one of these options:
- Attach two zip ties, as shown in the image and use them as "ear clamps".
- Attach a large rubber band between the end of the earpieces.
- Use a piece of 3mm, weak PLA filament and push it through the hole of the "earpiece cubes". These can be used as an ear clamp too. If everything fits well, weld them to the cube with a soldering iron.
- Use glue.
For those who don't need a special fixture for the earpieces, two standard "cubeless" versions are available ("...SIMPLE").
I recommended to glue some cotton or any other soft material to the inner edge of the "nose holder" (at least until I found a better solution ;-)
- 1 x Edsyn MA10 lens
- printed parts
- 1 x front
- 1 x left (use "SIMPLE" as alternative)
- 1 x right (use "SIMPLE" as alternative)
- 1 x holder
- 2 x M3 locking nut
- 1 x M3 nut
- 2 x M3 x 16mm screw
- 1 x M3 x 8mm screw
- 1 x small rubber band (lens fixture)
- 2 x zip tie (ear clip)
- 1 x large rubber band (as band for the neck)
- a bit of cotton
Have fun FMMT666(ASkr)