Innovative and very high accuracy adjustable Endstop for Reprap Prusa and other models
by paolo68, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This very simple tiny Thing allows a quick and very precise calibration.
This innovative approach consists in:
- FIXING the endstop once and forever to the printer structure.
- Doing the calibration by means of a small and accurate M2 screw (0.4 mm per turn) mounted on the part that moves towards the endstop.
- Enjoying NO PLAY/slack.
Sample application - Prusa i3 Z-axis endstop (see pictures):
- Z-Endstop fixed to the metal frame.
- Thing holding the M2 screw fixed to the bottom of the right X-end.
Note: I have removed the metal lever from the endstop, leaving just the button; this improves the accuracy.
Print the uploaded STL file. If needed adjust the size parameters in the OpenSCAD file.
Additional hardware needed:
- 1 x M2 screw
- 1 x M2 nut
- 2 x small wood screws
Innovative and very high accuracy adjustable Endstop for Reprap Prusa and other models by paolo68 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving paolo68 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure paolo68 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).