PolargraphSD Case - OpenSCAD and Parametric
by MakerBlock, published
I've got a PolargraphSD setup from Sandy Noble ( http://www.polargraph.co.uk/whats-a-polargraph/ ) but I didn't have a nifty case for it. I couldn't fit my boards into the case Sandy designed ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:32377 ) so I tried to make my own.
Sandy's case is really great - especially since it is able to completely enclose all the boards and the LCD screen. The one I designed uses less plastic, but doesn't enclose the LCD screen.
The OpenSCAD file is reasonably documented and can be used to create a case of user-defined thickness. I've uploaded the STL's for a 1.5mm case and a 2.0mm case.
I'm working on creating a snap-on cover that will go over the LCD screen, but this is pretty good for now.
Edit: In designing this version I printed Sandy's case and an earlier version of my own. If you are interested in purchasing either, please drop me a line through my Thingiverse profile or through my website ( http://makerblock.com/contact/ ). The earlier version of this case is 2mm thick and doesn't have built in mounting holes or vents.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Choose whether you want a 1.5mm or 2.0mm thick case. I used 1.5mm and am happy with it so far. Get the "-15.stl" files if you want the 1.5mm thick and the "-20.stl" files if you want the 2.0mm thick parts.
- Insert your Arduino/Freeduino into the case.
- Insert your PolargraphSD into the case, connecting it to the Arduino/Freeduino.
- Place the top of the case over the bottom of the case, making sure the various electronic bits are sticking out.
- Connect your LCD touch screen to the PolargraphSD through the hole in the case.