PolargraphSD Case - OpenSCAD and Parametric
by MakerBlock, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I've got a PolargraphSD setup from Sandy Noble ( http://www.polargraph.co.uk/whats-a-polargraph/ ) but I didn't have a nifty case for it. I couldn't fit my boards into the case Sandy designed ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:32377 ) so I tried to make my own.
Sandy's case is really great - especially since it is able to completely enclose all the boards and the LCD screen. The one I designed uses less plastic, but doesn't enclose the LCD screen.
The OpenSCAD file is reasonably documented and can be used to create a case of user-defined thickness. I've uploaded the STL's for a 1.5mm case and a 2.0mm case.
I'm working on creating a snap-on cover that will go over the LCD screen, but this is pretty good for now.
Edit: In designing this version I printed Sandy's case and an earlier version of my own. If you are interested in purchasing either, please drop me a line through my Thingiverse profile or through my website ( http://makerblock.com/contact/ ). The earlier version of this case is 2mm thick and doesn't have built in mounting holes or vents.
- Choose whether you want a 1.5mm or 2.0mm thick case. I used 1.5mm and am happy with it so far. Get the "-15.stl" files if you want the 1.5mm thick and the "-20.stl" files if you want the 2.0mm thick parts.
- Insert your Arduino/Freeduino into the case.
- Insert your PolargraphSD into the case, connecting it to the Arduino/Freeduino.
- Place the top of the case over the bottom of the case, making sure the various electronic bits are sticking out.
- Connect your LCD touch screen to the PolargraphSD through the hole in the case.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
PolargraphSD Case - OpenSCAD and Parametric by MakerBlock is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MakerBlock a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MakerBlock would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).