Mad Cat MKII BattleMech
by rikkilambo, published
- snap-fit, no glue required except for machine guns
- articulated joints
- slide-out canopy
- realistic detail
- model in inches, mech stands about 8" tall
This model is based on a CAD design by farscape1 (http://www.thingiverse.com/farscape1) and the original concept art from the MechWarrior franchise.
The Mad Cat MK II is a 90-ton assault BattleMech. It uses its speed and firepower to engage an enemy at the range of its choosing. The default configuration of the Mad Cat MK II features hard-hitting ballistics and a well-blended mix of energy and missile weaponry. The Mad Cat MK II's primary weapons are a pair of Gauss Rifles, each of which can strip off a ton of armor at six hundred and thirty meters. The rifles are supported by two LRM-10s which give the Mech indirect fire capability. For short range combat, four ER Medium Lasers can chew up what's left of the opposition. The Mech's primary role is long to medium range combat, with best performance within 450 meters where all of its weapons can reach the opponent.
MechWarrior is a profession in the fictional universe of BattleTech, a wargaming and science fiction franchise created by FASA Corporation and currently owned by Topps. MechWarriors are individuals who pilot BattleMechs, large robotic war machines that are central to the BattleTech series.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Easy parts can be printed with the given orientation. Harder parts require you to fine tune the orientation depending on your printer. Because 3D prints are weak along their seams, the most apparent orientation may not always be the best orientation. Post below if things aren't working out for you.
- Cockpit: print as given
- Instruments: print as given
- Seat: print as given
- Waist-Joint-Down: print as given
- Foot-L, Foot-R: print as given
- Ankle-L, Ankle-R: print as given
- Arm-L, Arm-R: print as given
- Engine: print sideways
- Gun-L, Gun-R: print upside down
- Number: print sideways
- Pod-Insert-L, Pod-Insert-L: print sideways
- Waist-Joint-Up: print sideways
- Missiles: print vertical
- MG-L.stl, MG-R.stl: print with flat part on the ground plane
- Hip-L.stl, Hip-R.stl: print as given, if possible
-=Difficulty: Very Hard=-
- Canopy: print as given, if possible
- Torso-Top: print upside down
- Torso-Bottom: print vertical (thank you BrickSimple)