by kitlaan, published
Print your own letter magnets for the kiddos to spell with.
There are 4 plates to cover A-Z (and a few extra letters to fill in space), plus 3 extra plates to give duplicates of the more commonly used letters. In total, the 7 plates should give the ability to build practically every word.
- The font used here is "Anton", from the Google Web Font directory.
- Letter frequency built from Wikipedia's "Letter frequency" page.
- Letters are ~40mm tall.
- Each letter fits 2x BuckyCubes (RIP) which are are ~4mm cubes.
If you want to modify the OpenSCAD script to suit your needs:
- Download "More Fontz!" (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13677)
- Customize the magnet locations to fit via trial and error.
- You'll probably have to make your own plate configurations.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Letter Magnets by kitlaan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kitlaan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kitlaan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).