by kitlaan, published
Print your own letter magnets for the kiddos to spell with.
There are 4 plates to cover A-Z (and a few extra letters to fill in space), plus 3 extra plates to give duplicates of the more commonly used letters. In total, the 7 plates should give the ability to build practically every word.
- The font used here is "Anton", from the Google Web Font directory.
- Letter frequency built from Wikipedia's "Letter frequency" page.
- Letters are ~40mm tall.
- Each letter fits 2x BuckyCubes (RIP) which are are ~4mm cubes.
If you want to modify the OpenSCAD script to suit your needs:
- Download "More Fontz!" (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13677)
- Customize the magnet locations to fit via trial and error.
- You'll probably have to make your own plate configurations.