by kitlaan, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Print your own letter magnets for the kiddos to spell with.
There are 4 plates to cover A-Z (and a few extra letters to fill in space), plus 3 extra plates to give duplicates of the more commonly used letters. In total, the 7 plates should give the ability to build practically every word.
- The font used here is "Anton", from the Google Web Font directory.
- Letter frequency built from Wikipedia's "Letter frequency" page.
- Letters are ~40mm tall.
- Each letter fits 2x BuckyCubes (RIP) which are are ~4mm cubes.
If you want to modify the OpenSCAD script to suit your needs:
- Download "More Fontz!" (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13677)
- Customize the magnet locations to fit via trial and error.
- You'll probably have to make your own plate configurations.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Letter Magnets by kitlaan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kitlaan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kitlaan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).