OpenSCAD Editor (node-webkit)
by uminded, published
This is my version of a simple OpenSCAD editor.
I run Linux and all of the current editors are for Windows or OSX. I decided to use node-webkit and CodeMirror Editor to make an all systems compatible editor.
Recent Commentsview all
A conversation on editors for Linux is never complete until someone recommends Vim :). Consider it done. https://github.com/vim-scripts...
Oops I always assumed it was multi-platform.
I have not used this but you may want to try it under wine;
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Available on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows
- Autoformatting, Block Comment/Uncomment
- Code folding
- Syntax highlighting (In progress)
- Find & Replace (In progress, needs UI)
- Autocomplete (Implementation only)
- Download one of the node-webkit prebuilt binaries (v0.4.0 â€” Jan 18, 2013)
- Open/Install OpenSCAD and in the menu select View -> Hide Editor and Design -> Automatic Reload and Compile
- Unzip the node-webkit binary and cut/copy the nw.exe and nw.pak files into the OpenSCAD editor folder
- Run nw.exe and open a .scad file in both the editor AND in OpenSCAD itself
- Whenever you make changes in the editor press F5 or Ctrl-S and OpenSCAD will render the changes
You must be logged in to post a comment.