Solidoodle extruder head wobble preventer
by tealvince, published
This hack keeps the Solidoodle extruder head from wobbling when making rapid Y-Axis movements. It moves the lower teflon retainer block on the X-Axis carriage to a spring loaded arm that keeps the back of the print head from bouncing up. This also keeps prints from being distorted when printing near the back of the print bed, where force from the cable assembly can sometimes tip the print/extruder head.
1) Print the piece
2) Unscrew the lower teflon retainer block underneath the rear X-Axis support rod.
3) Insert the retainer block into the printed piece, securing it with a suitable screw and nut.
4) Insert the whole assumbly into the old retainer's block mount
5) add a small spring between the spring mounting tab on the printed part and one of the rear extruder fan mounting screws
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Solidoodle extruder head wobble preventer by tealvince is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
So what's this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure tealvince would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!