Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Tool stopping fan guard
by Jhack, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
after slipping and jamming my Hex key into my Makerbot replicator 2's fan and that I'm to impatient to wait for the fan to stop. I decided, I needed a new fan guard.
Download Stl files and print out at:
0.27mm Layer height
1) Find an old wire fan guard, I got mine off a old graphics card (Leadtek WinFast A310)
2) Cut it up with a pair of tin snips till it fits in the top piece.
3) Glue the bottom piece on.
4) install on the Makerbot .
if the fan is lose you my have to use the shims, as the bolts are a little long with out the metal guard on.
Tool stopping fan guard by Jhack is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Jhack a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Jhack would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).