12 volt incandescent light to LED conversion
by falcon20cne, published
My yard light runs dual 12 volt incandescent lights in series on a 24 volt power supply. It seems these bulbs burn out constantly so instead of buying new bulbs or investing in the over priced LED replacements I made a couple
- break the glass on an old bulb (i put one in a plastic bag and then crushed it).
- print the light.stl and lightCover.stl
- use 5 of your favorite 5mm LEDs
- based on your LEDs and input voltage select your resistor
- press the base of the bulb into the light.stl
- press in the 5 LEDs
- solder everything up
- CA the cover and the base to the light.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
By downloading this thing, you agree to abide by the license: Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike
Download All Files (221 kb zip file)