12 volt incandescent light to LED conversion
by falcon20cne, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
My yard light runs dual 12 volt incandescent lights in series on a 24 volt power supply. It seems these bulbs burn out constantly so instead of buying new bulbs or investing in the over priced LED replacements I made a couple
- break the glass on an old bulb (i put one in a plastic bag and then crushed it).
- print the light.stl and lightCover.stl
- use 5 of your favorite 5mm LEDs
- based on your LEDs and input voltage select your resistor
- press the base of the bulb into the light.stl
- press in the 5 LEDs
- solder everything up
- CA the cover and the base to the light.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
12 volt incandescent light to LED conversion by falcon20cne is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving falcon20cne a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure falcon20cne would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).