12 volt incandescent light to LED conversion
by falcon20cne, published
My yard light runs dual 12 volt incandescent lights in series on a 24 volt power supply. It seems these bulbs burn out constantly so instead of buying new bulbs or investing in the over priced LED replacements I made a couple
- break the glass on an old bulb (i put one in a plastic bag and then crushed it).
- print the light.stl and lightCover.stl
- use 5 of your favorite 5mm LEDs
- based on your LEDs and input voltage select your resistor
- press the base of the bulb into the light.stl
- press in the 5 LEDs
- solder everything up
- CA the cover and the base to the light.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
12 volt incandescent light to LED conversion by falcon20cne is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure falcon20cne would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).