Dalek (Complete)

by guydebored, published

Dalek (Complete) by guydebored Jan 27, 2013

Thing Info

17947Views 5131Downloads Found in Model Robots
Report Thing


This thing was made with Tinkercad. Edit it online https://tinkercad.com/things/gCuOuKuuUPJ

I've noticed requests on a few Dalek 'things' for the stalk, plunger and cannon. InnovationByLayer's original was one of my favorite prints too, so I figured it deserved the important final details. I've split the model into 2 files so that you can print the body without support and the extras with the necessary support. Different colour filament combinations too.

This was derived from InnovationByLayer's brilliant Dalek model: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1600

Connectors and holes were derived from tbusers' very clever model: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:10541

Enjoy :)


Print the plunger/cannon/eye stalk file with raft and support. 10% infill is fine.

The Dalek file prints beautifully without raft or support. 10% Infill.

More from Model Robots

view more

Thing Info

17947Views 5131Downloads Found in Model Robots
Report Thing

Liked By

View All

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

All Apps

This App connects Thingiverse with Makeprintable, a cloud-based mesh repair service that analyzes, validates and repairs most common mesh errors that can occur when preparing a 3D design file for p...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

With 3D Slash, you can edit 3d models like a stonecutter. A unique interface: as fun as a building game! The perfect tool for non-designers and children to create in 3D.

App Info Launch App
Apr 17, 2015 - Modified Apr 17, 2015

I downloaded this file to print it with my 3D printer.

I used Slic3R and after slicing step (before printing) I saw that the whole head of the Dalek was missing (except some parts hanging in the vaccum and nothing to attach to). There is clearly some bug in the file. I used Cura to slice, and the head appeared. But as I made researches about this, I saw that a damaged STL file could sometimes appear clean with Cura (and bad with Slic3D) but will print badly, with errors because there really is an error in the file.

I downloaded (for free) the software listed here (NetFabb) to repair the file and followed the exact steps indicated (as I am french this was easy to read for me, you can use a web translator or other tutorial to repair in english). There WAS errors in the Dalek STL file, many, and thos on the head gave impossibility to slice. With the steps indicated, the file was successfully repaired and now I am printing it (Slic3R displayed the whole head this time in Repetier software!)

Here the link of the toturial to repair:

i can't download this

My Dalek prints amazing..but I CANNOT get those dang weapons to print well..even with my settings on printing super slow..=(

Yeah, they're pretty fiddly. Maybe scale everything up so that shape and strength isn't as compromised.

I'm bummed out, slic3r said it fixed a bunch of errors but the model printed out without a head! I tried printing it twice. Just fixed via netfabb and going to try again.

Same thing happened to me :/

printing dalek without support generated a little spaghetti, but nothing that a little x-acto can't handle

could you perhaps post the weapons as separate files? I snapped one while removing support from it.
super cool design - the rest worked really well. thanks

I've printed two of these on our Makerbot Replicator 2, and they both came out amazing!

The only complication was the accessories (plunger+cannon+eye-stalk) - I printed them with raft+support (as suggested), and I had a bit of trouble removing the supports from the actual parts without breaking the parts. No biggie though - I broke one eye-stalk, and printed a new one in ~20 minutes.

Thanks for the great models!

glad to hear - thanks! I get those occasional breakages too. I'll see if I can adjust the dimensions of the extras so their a bit sturdier. Meanwhile perhaps try printing them with a higher infill or scale both parts up for a bigger model. That might help. Cheers :)

I may have to update my profile picture!

Hey thanks! The extras need a little cleaning because of the support, but that's it.

Very Nice!
The print looks really clean!