by mitchese, published
This thing will fit around a dremel flex shaft and fits inside a standard wades x carriage (I swap it out with my budaschnozzle)
Please note this is a work in progress. This design should work, however it may change. Video of the holder in action:
And the final result (this was the first successful print - optimizations are needed on the software side, as well as a bit of calibration and a finer bit for the dremel)
This is intended to link a Dremel Flex shaft
with a standard X carriage. To use:
- Print part, and insert two or four M5 nuts into the nut traps inside.
- Remove the plastic "nut" from the end of the flex shaft
- Insert the flex shaft into the printed parts
- Insert entire item into your X carriage
- Tighen M5 bolts to grip the shaft, and add the nut back to the tip of the shaft
- Screw into x carriage
- Mill, very very slowly
Original alibre design uploaded, please change as you see fit!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Dremel Holder by mitchese is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure mitchese would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).