by mitchese, published
This thing will fit around a dremel flex shaft and fits inside a standard wades x carriage (I swap it out with my budaschnozzle)
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Please note this is a work in progress. This design should work, however it may change. Video of the holder in action: https://plus.google.com/109144216682485717110/posts/NgQP221Byrh
And the final result (this was the first successful print - optimizations are needed on the software side, as well as a bit of calibration and a finer bit for the dremel) https://plus.google.com/109144216682485717110/posts/gqBArZNd4Ay
This is intended to link a Dremel Flex shaft
with a standard X carriage. To use:
- Print part, and insert two or four M5 nuts into the nut traps inside.
- Remove the plastic "nut" from the end of the flex shaft
- Insert the flex shaft into the printed parts
- Insert entire item into your X carriage
- Tighen M5 bolts to grip the shaft, and add the nut back to the tip of the shaft
- Screw into x carriage
- Mill, very very slowly
Original alibre design uploaded, please change as you see fit!