Wallace++ (M8 edition)
by sponnet, published
An enhanced version of the Wallace 3D printer.
Features a more stable X-carriage construction which balances the extruder body over 2 horizontally mounted rods. It uses less screws & bolts than the original Wallace.
Some features :
- Y-mount.stl & y-bearing-guide.stl : An enhanced mount for centering the Y-axis belt. Gives you a more stable pull.
- X-end2-motor.stl + X-end2-idler.stl : new motor mounts, align the X-axis horizontally
- X-carriage.stl : carriage for the horizontal setup. Fits a wade extruder & any type of hotend, even the newer short JHead extruders...
- base_end_2off.stl : enhanced base - puts the linear bearings as far apart as possible to enhance the stability of the print bed.
- y_bearing_retainer_stopswitch.stl : bearing retainer including a ziptie stopswitch mount, for your Z-stopswitch.
Update 20130430 : New Y-mount & bearing-guide uploaded.
Update 20140809 : Removed obsolete parts
- Print these :
- 2 x base_end_2off.stl ( base )
- 3 x y_bearing_retainer.stl
- 1 x y_bearing_retainer_stopswitch.stl
- 1 x X-carriage.stl
- 1 x X-end2-idler.stl
- 1 x X-end2-motor.stl
- 1 x Y-bearing-guide.stl
- 1 x y-mount-nema17.stl OR y-mount.stl : use the nema17 version if you want to mount the stepper motor directly on the Y-drive , use the other one if you want to mount your Y-motor on your printer base.
- Additionaly also print these printrbot parts (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16990)
- 1 x pb-BeltClip-x2.stl
- 4 x Z-Coupler.stl
You can mount your X and Y endstops on the smooth rods using this thing : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:64254
Here are some pictures of the assembly steps : https://plus.google.com/photos/115690326669403396385/albums/5893662340296499265
-update 2014/08/10 : Added zip file with all the SCAD source files.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
Download All Files (94 kb zip file)