Wallace++ (M8 edition)
by sponnet, published
An enhanced version of the Wallace 3D printer.
Features a more stable X-carriage construction which balances the extruder body over 2 horizontally mounted rods. It uses less screws & bolts than the original Wallace.
Some features :
- Y-mount.stl & y-bearing-guide.stl : An enhanced mount for centering the Y-axis belt. Gives you a more stable pull.
- X-end2-motor.stl + X-end2-idler.stl : new motor mounts, align the X-axis horizontally
- X-carriage.stl : carriage for the horizontal setup. Fits a wade extruder & any type of hotend, even the newer short JHead extruders...
- base_end_2off.stl : enhanced base - puts the linear bearings as far apart as possible to enhance the stability of the print bed.
- y_bearing_retainer_stopswitch.stl : bearing retainer including a ziptie stopswitch mount, for your Z-stopswitch.
Update 20130430 : New Y-mount & bearing-guide uploaded.
Update 20140809 : Removed obsolete parts
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
- Print these :
- 2 x base_end_2off.stl ( base )
- 3 x y_bearing_retainer.stl
- 1 x y_bearing_retainer_stopswitch.stl
- 1 x X-carriage.stl
- 1 x X-end2-idler.stl
- 1 x X-end2-motor.stl
- 1 x Y-bearing-guide.stl
- 1 x y-mount-nema17.stl OR y-mount.stl : use the nema17 version if you want to mount the stepper motor directly on the Y-drive , use the other one if you want to mount your Y-motor on your printer base.
- Additionaly also print these printrbot parts (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16990)
- 1 x pb-BeltClip-x2.stl
- 4 x Z-Coupler.stl
You can mount your X and Y endstops on the smooth rods using this thing : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:64254
Here are some pictures of the assembly steps : https://plus.google.com/photos/115690326669403396385/albums/5893662340296499265
-update 2014/08/10 : Added zip file with all the SCAD source files.
Download All Files (94 kb zip file)