Ryobi Delta Detail Sander Head Replacement
by frubino, published
One of my detail sanders landing in a bad way from a fall onto a concrete floor. Rather than trying to source out a replacement head I just printed one out in 3 hours. Gotta love having a personal factory at your fingertips.
The original part was superglued back together to get some decent dimensions for reverse engineering.
To strengthen the stem I made a cavity for a standard M8x30 socket head bolt to be epoxied in for a little added rigidity.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Print the head with the sanding pad surface as your reference base.
- Breakaway/dissolve/drill out any support material.
- Epoxy M8x30 socket head bolt into stem.
- Reassemble onto the Ryobi sander.
- Transfer felt sanding pad to new head and affix with double sided tape.