Prusa LM8UU Carriage for Qu-BD extruders
by Make3Dca, published
Note: julienM also created an LM8UU version of this at the same time. You should test that one as well. thingiverse.com/thing:41986
The bearing holes and the rod shafts are purposely a little large to allow for a tiny bit of displacement to match your specific rod width. Use zip ties to ensure the bearings stay in place.
Update: Added an instruction for drilling the mounting plate holes, as per JulienM's suggestion.
Recent Commentsview all
When doing the final mount to the rods, I noted the bearings were not quite aligned right. It looks like this is due to how the zip ties are being used. I may need to add the zip tie slots in to avoid this. Luckily the carriage should still work just fine given the torque of the motor. (and the bearings/rods have not yet been oiled)
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
2. Drill holes for the zip ties, and clean up any frayed threads inside the bearing holes. (sorry - I was too anxious to get the thing printed and didn't put holes for the zip ties into the model.)
3. Mount your bearings and zip ties, but do not tighten the zip ties yet. If the print cracks a little along the outer edge, don't worry too much about this as the zip ties will then hold things in place. If you are concerned, a little ABS glue will work well.
4. Mount your QU-BD extruder plate. Drill holes for the mounting screws where needed, and bolt the plate in place (with the extruder attached).
5. Mount the carriage to your Prusa.
6. Tighten down the zip ties.
7. Enjoy your printer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.