Prusa LM8UU Carriage for Qu-BD extruders
by Make3Dca, published
Based off of julienM's work. Simply kludged space for an LM8UU bearing. In the process I had to widen the rod slots as well to ensure no contact/friction along the model.
Note: julienM also created an LM8UU version of this at the same time. You should test that one as well. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:41986
The bearing holes and the rod shafts are purposely a little large to allow for a tiny bit of displacement to match your specific rod width. Use zip ties to ensure the bearings stay in place.
Update: Added an instruction for drilling the mounting plate holes, as per JulienM's suggestion.
- Print (should be in ABS due to the heat in the area).
- Drill holes for the zip ties, and clean up any frayed threads inside the bearing holes. (sorry - I was too anxious to get the thing printed and didn't put holes for the zip ties into the model.)
- Mount your bearings and zip ties, but do not tighten the zip ties yet. If the print cracks a little along the outer edge, don't worry too much about this as the zip ties will then hold things in place. If you are concerned, a little ABS glue will work well.
- Mount your QU-BD extruder plate. Drill holes for the mounting screws where needed, and bolt the plate in place (with the extruder attached).
- Mount the carriage to your Prusa.
- Tighten down the zip ties.
- Enjoy your printer.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Prusa LM8UU Carriage for Qu-BD extruders by Make3Dca is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Make3Dca would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).