Prusa LM8UU Carriage for Qu-BD extruders
by Make3Dca, published
Based off of julienM's work. Simply kludged space for an LM8UU bearing. In the process I had to widen the rod slots as well to ensure no contact/friction along the model.
Note: julienM also created an LM8UU version of this at the same time. You should test that one as well. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:41986
The bearing holes and the rod shafts are purposely a little large to allow for a tiny bit of displacement to match your specific rod width. Use zip ties to ensure the bearings stay in place.
<b>Update:</b> Added an instruction for drilling the mounting plate holes, as per JulienM's suggestion.
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
- Print (should be in ABS due to the heat in the area).
- Drill holes for the zip ties, and clean up any frayed threads inside the bearing holes. (sorry - I was too anxious to get the thing printed and didn't put holes for the zip ties into the model.)
- Mount your bearings and zip ties, but do not tighten the zip ties yet. If the print cracks a little along the outer edge, don't worry too much about this as the zip ties will then hold things in place. If you are concerned, a little ABS glue will work well.
- Mount your QU-BD extruder plate. Drill holes for the mounting screws where needed, and bolt the plate in place (with the extruder attached).
- Mount the carriage to your Prusa.
- Tighten down the zip ties.
- Enjoy your printer.