Loading
Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!

Tire for toys

by cerberus333, published

Tire for toys by cerberus333 Jan 31, 2013

Description

a tire for toys
It has a flat side down
a small hole in the center for a axle
or as a guide to drill out a larger hole.
I think the overhang will be negligable
when printed small, or use support if scaled larger.
I modeled this with the intent of small scale
and the flat side would generally be hidden
on most models, and allow for simpler printing.
I saw Bre's mustang model
thingiverse.com/thing:45529
He mentioned making some rims and tires
these should look at home on a mustang or another model.

Recent Comments

view all

Nice detail, love the treads! This will be a good start to a new collection of parts for toys.

the treads extend out without support on the lowest point.
this is not a large overhang. It would possibly be an issue if
printed large. But turning support on would fix it and be a fairly
painless clean-up.

Great,
I was looking for wheels with threads on the tire. Nice signature.
Do the spokes run all the way to the bed? If yes, what is the overhang issue than?

Thomas

More from Vehicles

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Tags

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Not printed yet

scale as desired
I made a set of 4 for those who are not inclined to use multiply
in the slicing software.
and a thicker version for trucks

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

RealAbsurdity on Jan 31, 2013 said:

Nice detail, love the treads! This will be a good start to a new collection of parts for toys.

3daybreaker on Jan 31, 2013 said:

Great,
I was looking for wheels with threads on the tire. Nice signature.
Do the spokes run all the way to the bed? If yes, what is the overhang issue than?

Thomas

cerberus333 on Jan 31, 2013 said:

the treads extend out without support on the lowest point.
this is not a large overhang. It would possibly be an issue if
printed large. But turning support on would fix it and be a fairly
painless clean-up.

Top