Loading

Printable PadLock

by jeffkohrman, published

Printable PadLock by jeffkohrman Oct 27, 2010

Featured Thing!

Description

All plastic, all printable padlock. To lock things, you know? Comes with key! Download the PadLock STL.zip, and extract to use the files.

Print & Enjoy!

Recent Comments

view all

I really like this. I've made it my Thing of the Week on 3D Genius - thanks for such a good design!

http://www.3dgeni.us/thing-of-...

Like it.

Love it.

I made a minor modification to the internal workings.
Now that it's done I wish I'd made it so the lock 'pops' open when unlocked.
Oh well, other projects for the moment, but it's possible, but unlikely I'll get to that modification.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thi...
I just shorted the 'spri
ng' with a side cutter.
I also heated and bent the spring a bit to make it more aggressive.

Works pretty darn good.

This looks like the perfect thing for a child's toybox :)

Very nifty.

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Just print out, and put together according to the Assembly.STL file. the pin holes are 1/8", so if you don't want to get the appropriate dowel, you could be tricky with the sandpaper and make your 3mm plastic filament work in its place.


**NOTE** I have only included the .STL files in the .ZIP, but if you would like me to upload a specific filetype, don't hesitate to ask!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

SteveCaplin on Jul 10, 2013 said:

I really like this. I've made it my Thing of the Week on 3D Genius - thanks for such a good design!

http://www.3dgeni.us/thing-of-...

Simonious on Apr 25, 2012 said:

Like it.

Love it.

I made a minor modification to the internal workings.
Now that it's done I wish I'd made it so the lock 'pops' open when unlocked.
Oh well, other projects for the moment, but it's possible, but unlikely I'll get to that modification.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thi...
I just shorted the 'spri
ng' with a side cutter.
I also heated and bent the spring a bit to make it more aggressive.

Works pretty darn good.

lasivian on Feb 10, 2011 said:

This looks like the perfect thing for a child's toybox :)

Very nifty.

jballard on Oct 28, 2010 said:

what is the diameter of the shackle?

jeffkohrman on Oct 28, 2010 said:

The shackle measurements are:

inside diameter - 1 23/32"
outside diameter - 2 11/32"

It also has an approximate useable area of 1 13/32" diameter. Hope this helps!

tbuser on Oct 27, 2010 said:

Awesome, does the locking mechanism actually work?

jeffkohrman on Oct 28, 2010 said:

The locking mechanism seems to work great in the full sized print, the mini however, takes some heavy sanding and alot of fiddling with skeinforge..

jeffkohrman on Oct 27, 2010 said:

My design should work in plastic (as well as wood), the only concern I have is the flexibility of the spring pin. I will post my results once I'm finished printing the parts.

Anonymous on Oct 27, 2010 said:

Very useful! Now I finally have something less expensive -- and lightweight! -- to lock my bike when on a tour.

DrGadget on Oct 28, 2010 said:

you're kidding right? using a plastic lock to lock your bike?

Conrad2468 on Oct 27, 2010 said:

great idea..now all the person needs is a pair of pliers instead of bolt cutters......

Top