Customizable Ring/Bracelet/Crown Thing (V2)
by nac007, published
WARNING: due to the large number of calculations, the customizer may take a long time to update after making changes (maybe up to minute in extreme cases).
I tweaked the code a little and the STL's should generate roughly 2-3X faster. Yay
Recent Commentsview all
For those of you who have cool custom things that are hard to print yourself, I would recommend taking your .stl over to shapeways.com
I apologize in advance for the long wait time for STL generation of customized models. The code generates a rail made of hundreds of cylinders that have a hull applied to neighboring pairs, and then applies a union to the entire thing. Everything else I've tried is more inefficient, but maybe somebody knows a better way?
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
See remixes for some settings to start with.
Hints and Tips:
1. Try to minimize the number of segments and fragments per segment to reduce stl generation time. I'm not sure how much the servers can handle before they give up on generating the stl.
2. If you increase the number of whole periods, you'll want to increase the number of segments to keep the rails looking smooth.
3. The mirror reinforced setting gives the model a 'braided' instead of a spiral look.
4. Don't decrease the rail diameter too much or your printer won't be able to print your part, even if it generates supports.
5. The solid ring setting will fill the model with a solid ring to make it much easier to print.
You must be logged in to post a comment.