SJP Quick Change Spool to hold 5 lb filament
by SaintJProductions, published
*WARNING: be sure your filament roll is wrapped from the inside out. otherwise tangles will result and filament will jam.
V1.1 Spring holds not strong enough to keep arm closed.
- PLANS: New arm releases, Hole to hold filament ie start of spool inside end (both 3mm and 1.75mm), tips of arms to tilt to inside to help with unraveling, more spokes in hub to keep filament circular.
This was created to hold 5 lb of filament.
Based on murat's 1 lb design
One of the arms allows collapse to ease reloading of a fresh spool
V1.1 - removed cross brace support to use less plastic and ease access to spring/band hooks.
Video of hub V1.0 printing: http://youtu.be/oknv5050ghE
Pictured, fresh 5 lb spool, arm opened for loading.
pictured fresh 5 lb spool mounted with SJP 2 piece spool holder and 8mm rod.
Print spool hub
- Note: make sure your bridging settings are calibrated properly
Remove bottom support ring
Print arms 3 Static arm and 3 open arm
6x 22mm - 25mm m3 nuts and bolts
3x ExtensionSprings or rubber bands
2x 608 bearings
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
SJP Quick Change Spool to hold 5 lb filament by SaintJProductions is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving SaintJProductions a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure SaintJProductions would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).