Ultimaker retraction ring
by JelleBoomstra, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a variation of the extruder wedge thingies that keep the drive-end clamp taught. Most of these are not easy removable, something you want to do when doing multicolered prints or just for switching filament. This one can be undone by a simple twist and slide. On the low side you have enough room to undo the bowden tube.
It does not come loose easily and because it is ring shaped you will not lose it because one of uncaring/sloppy collegues/users.
Note: I do not, will not and am unable to give any more rights than the selected license: CC-NC-SA. Specifically: no extra rights to thingiverse, whatever your silly T&C tries to claim.
1) print out, I used 0.2 layer height.
2) remove filament.
3) remove bowden cable from drive
4) remove grippy insert thing from clamp
5) push grippy thing through ring and back into clamp
6) insert bowden tube back in clamp
8) Profit! (no more lost extruder wedges)
Ultimaker retraction ring by JelleBoomstra is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving JelleBoomstra a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure JelleBoomstra would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).