Universal Phone Tripod Mount
by cswaim, published
This adapter will allow most phones to be mounted to a tripod!
Recent Commentsview all
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
You will need hardware detailed below to assemble this tripod mount.
1) Screw the left cap onto the left slide and the right cap onto the right slide. It really helps to start the screws a few turns in each of the holes first then take them back out and assemble the two parts.
2) Put a short 1/4-20 screw into the insert and use the screw to drive the insert into the left cap. Once the insert is flush, remove the 1/4-20 screw.
3) The recess down the center of the right slide has to fit over the square piece of material underneath the left slide. After the right slide is over the square piece of material the two pieces can slide together.
4) Feed the spring through the hole in the bottom of the right slide (BE CAREFUL! Wear some glasses so the spring doesn't shoot out and hit you in the eye!! You think it won't happen, but it will)
5) Hook up your new universal tripod mount onto your tripod and take some snaps!
Qty 1: Tripod Cap Left (Printed)
Qty 1: Tripod Cap Right (Printed)
Qty 1: Tripod Slide Left (Printed)
Qty 1: Tripod Slide Right (Printed)
Qty 4: 4-40 x 1/2 Socket Head Cap Screw (McMaster 92196A110)
Qty 1: Brass Insert w/ 1/4-20 Thread (McMaster 99362A700)
Qty 1: 2.5" x 1/4" OD Spring (McMaster 9657K171)
Qty 1: 1/4-20 x 3/8 Socket Head Cap Screw (McMaster 92196A535)
Unfortunately McMaster requires you to buy larger quantites. If you do not want to spend the money to get the hardware above, I have leftovers of all of the hardware and will send you the parts for $5 + shipping so you don't have to buy everything. Email me at [email protected]
I built and tested this on a printer with support but if there are any issues, please let me know! From the STL previews it looks like they might not be oriented properly so you may need to move them around in makerware so it will print correctly. Is there a way to change that besides modeling in the correct plane from the start?
I am always working on new stuff to print. If you interested in being the first to know when I release something new, then check out http://arsenalproducts.wordpress.com/be-the-first-to-know. 3D printing goodness!